Job Description: Room Attendant Department: Housekeeping
The Room Attendant is a physically demanding and very important role within the hotel. You co-operate as a member of the housekeeping team to successfully clean and prepare the suites for the guests, clean common areas, and keep al supplies well stocked.
- Previous cleaning experience is an asset
- Excellent Customer Service
- Excellent Verbal, Listening, and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to Multi-Task and Work Under Pressure
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Able to Lift/Move up to 50 lbs.
- Maintain exceptional cleanliness and tidiness within the resort to Black Rock standards
- Deliver the highest standard of customer service to all guests and associates
- Co-operate with the housekeeping team to complete all assigned tasks for the day in a timely and efficient manner, including room cleaning, supply re-stocking, cleaning of common areas, and any other duties as reasonably requested by the Executive Housekeeper or Supervisors.
- Properly sign in and out for shifts
- Utilize appropriate cleaning agents to sanitize hotel areas
- Help contribute to efficient use of cleaning products and help to uphold Black Rock environmental initiatives
- Report maintenance and repair issues to the Maintenance Department or immediate manager/supervisor
- Properly handle and catalogue all lost and found items
- Comply with all Black Rock health & safety and security regulations
- Strictly adhere to all Black Rock Oceanfront Resort policies and procedures
- Medical/Dental benefits, after 6 months of employment
- Other Staff Benefits and Perks
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Subject to the successful candidate’s performance, and competition from other potential candidates, there is an opportunity for advancement to other roles or positions within the company.