Position Title: Maintenance Tech
Employer: Black Rock Oceanfront
Resort Location: Ucluelet, BC
Position Category: Maintenance
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Compensation & Benefits: Details outlined in Offer of Employment
Subject to your performance and competition from other potential candidates there is an opportunity for you to advance to other roles or positions within the company.
While working with Black Rock Oceanfront Resort, and its affiliates you are expected to conduct yourself in accordance with our Core Values: Take Ownership, Integrity, Make a Difference, Professionalism.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Understand and operate basic electrical, plumbing, and refrigeration systems.
- Communicate with different types of people to understand how to help.
- Update the maintenance work order form and file them.
- Perform maintenance activities like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment and cosmetic items, etc.
- Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
- To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Maintain the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
This position requires:
- Maintenance related knowledge and experience
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work under pressure situations and exercise good judgements
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed, and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information
- Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property
- Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain high level of professionalism
- Flexible Schedule
- A positive “can do” team-player’s attitude
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Maintenance Tech position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.