Everyone loves fluffy clean white hotel linens! We're looking for team players with an eye for detail - preferably ones that find their zen folding laundry!
- Completing all laundry processes, including sorting linens, treating stains, loading all laundry into washer, adding specified cleaning agents, dry wet and clean items as directed, sort and fold dried items.
- Maintaining chemical logs, inventory of all cleaning supplies and communicating needs to Housekeeping Manager
- Maintaining all laundry equipment and informing facilities manager as to any maintenance needs
- Following all health and safety protocols, including established covid safety procedures.
- Performing additional laundry services when necessary
- Maintaining exceptional cleanliness and tidiness within the resort to Black Rock standards
- Delivering the highest standard of customer service to all guests and associates
- Co-operating with the housekeeping team to complete all assigned tasks for the day in a timely and efficient manner, including room cleaning, supply re-stocking, cleaning of common areas, and any other duties as reasonably requested by the Executive Housekeeper or Supervisors.
- Properly signing in and out for shifts
- Utilizing appropriate cleaning agents to sanitize hotel areas
- Helping contribute to efficient use of cleaning products and help to uphold Black Rock environmental initiatives
- Properly handling and cataloguing all lost and found items
- Complying with all Black Rock health & safety and security protocols
- Strictly adhering to all Black Rock policies and procedures
This position requires:
- Ability to lift 20 pounds on consistent, repetitive basis (e.g. folding large sheets)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- A flexible schedule and reliability
- Ability to work well with others and at a fast pace
- Ability to multi-task
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to understand and read English
- Experience preferred, but willing to train the right candidate
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Subject to the successful candidate’s performance, and competition from other potential candidates, there is an opportunity for advancement to other roles or positions within the company.