Are you "in the zone" on the line? Ready to perfect your craft, while maintaining a sense of humour? If so, read on!
Our culinary team at Black Rock Resort in Ucluelet, on the edge of Pacific Rim National Park, is looking for year-round talent. Set amongst old growth Cedars and the rugged shoreline of Vancouver Island in the traditional territory of the Nuu-chah-nulth people, our natural setting provides an incredible bounty of seasonal ingredients.
Come share your passion with guests from around the world and around the corner. With the leadership of Executive Chef David Tombs, we’re building a playground for the culinarily adventurous based on mutual respect, inclusion, skills- sharing and growth.
Sound like fun? Read the fine print. You will:
- Prepare and plate dishes for service consistently and quickly, observing the Chef’s recipes and pre-determined portion sizes
- Receive direction, training and mentoring from the Chef and supervisory team
- Support rest of the culinary team to ensure top-quality service
- Maintain cleanliness standards in kitchen and participate in cleaning duties
- Assist in food tracking and control as requested by the Chef
- Properly label, store, and rotate stored food items, preventing excess waste
- Work towards obtaining certification in our industry through the BC Red Seal program
- Comply with all Black Rock Health & Safety and Security regulations
- Strictly adhere to all Black Rock Oceanfront Resort policies and procedures
- Participate as a team player to ensure top-quality service, assisting where necessary
- Previous culinary experience
- Ability to Multi-Task and Work Under Pressure
- Excellent Teamwork and Communication Skills
- Functional written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to work in high-paced, physically demanding environment
- Able to Lift/Move up to 40 lbs.
- Support for Red Seal training
- Wage Commensurate to Experience
- Pooled Tip Sharing
- Staff Discounts (40% off food at Currents and Big Beach Lounge, 40% off Spa Services)
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance & benefits
- Associate Rates for hotel stays
- Volunteer Support Opportunities
- Team Enrichment Events
- Financial Support for Relevant Education Opportunities
- Low cost On-site Housing, if required and as available
- Inclusive Work Environment
This job description is intended an introduction of the role, rather than a complete list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.