While working with Black Rock Oceanfront Resort, and its affiliates, the right candidate will conduct themselves in accordance with our Core Values: Take Ownership, Integrity, Make a Difference, Professionalism.
The Houseperson is a physically demanding and very important role within the hotel. Housepersons co-operate as a member of the housekeeping team to successfully clean and prepare the suites for the guests, clean common areas, and keep al supplies well stocked. It is essential that Housepersons follow all safety protocols and guidelines, particularly regarding cleaning methods and cleaning products.
Job duties, include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining exceptional cleanliness and tidiness within the resort to Black Rock standards
- Delivering the highest standard of customer service to all guests and associates
- Co-operating with the housekeeping team to complete all assigned tasks for the day in a timely and efficient manner, including room cleaning, fogging, stripping rooms, supply re-stocking, cleaning of common areas, processing laundry and any other duties as reasonably requested by the Executive Housekeeper or Supervisors.
- Properly signing in and out for shifts
- Utilizing appropriate cleaning agents to sanitize hotel areas
- Helping contribute to efficient use of cleaning products and help to uphold Black Rock environmental initiatives
- Reporting maintenance and repair issues to the Maintenance Department or immediate manager/supervisor
- Properly handling and cataloguing all lost and found items
- Complying with all Black Rock health & safety and security protocols
- Strictly adhering to all Black Rock policies and procedures
Skills and Qualifications:
- Team player attitude
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to lift, move, push or pull up to 50 lbs (e.g. laundry carts, mattresses, vacuums, etc)
- Ability to climb, and work from, ladders
- Ability to crouch, kneel, walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to repeat the same movements
- Ability to bend or twist one’s body
- Ability to use one’s hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Ability to stoop, or crawl, as necessary
- Medical/Dental benefits, after 6 months of employment
- Other Staff Benefits and Perks
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Subject to the successful candidate’s performance, and competition from other potential candidates, there is an opportunity for advancement to other roles or positions within the company.