Job Description: Esthetician
To provide professional and engaging esthetic services to our clients. You will offer a full range of treatments to fulfill different client needs and objectives.
- Completion of High School
- Esthetician Certification
- Experience in a luxury spa environment, preferably within a full service or luxury hotel would be an asset.
- Have good communication skills, and multi-tasking skills.
- Works well with a team.
- People person with a caring, positive attitude to clients.
- Able to communicate clearly in English.
- Be highly organized.
- Provides esthetic treatments that meet the guests needs and expectations.
- Recommends Spa products and treatments and provide pertinent hotel information.
- Obtains the basic medical history for a client, assesses any problems, or conditions and suggests appropriate therapy based on current health of client.
- Assesses guest needs and inquire about contraindications like any allergies, and pregnancy, etc before beginning the service.
- Maintains spa appearance, cleanliness according to standard operating procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of hours of operation, reservations, fees, treatments, products and merchandise as well as pertinent hotel information.
- Sets-up and organizes workstation with designated supplies, forms and resource materials, report shortages to supervisor.
- Ensures that a high standard of service is maintained throughout the spa.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment, also use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guest's needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times and maintain client details and confidentiality.
- Try to resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction and inform the management about any incidents or guest complaints.
- Handle emergency procedures and report any accidents to your manager and security.
- Handle inappropriate guest behavior as per the hotels standard operating procedures for Inappropriate conduct for guests and therapists.
- Frequently check with guest to promote comfort, safety, and security throughout service.
- Fill out necessary reports or data at the end of each session.
- Attend all scheduled meetings, classes, and training sessions.
- Assists with washing and folding of all linens used in treatment rooms.
- Physically fit for providing Spa Treatments, which require standing.
- Caring, positive attitude to clients.
- Available weekends and holidays.
- Competitive, commission-based pay.
- Staff Discounts (40% off food at Currents and Big Beach Lounge, 40% off Spa Services)
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance & benefits
- Associate Rates for hotel stays
- Volunteer Support Opportunities
- Team Enrichment Events
- Financial Support for Relevant Education Opportunities
- Inclusive Work Environment
This job description is intended an introduction of the role, rather than a complete list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.